UFC 215 Main Event Scratched, Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis Elevated To UFC 215 PPV Lineup
The UFC flyweight championship fight between Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg may be off UFC 215, but viewers of the pay-per-view will still get a matchup between two elite members of the 125-pound division.
After Borg (11-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) was forced to withdraw from the UFC 215 headliner against Johnson (26-2-1 MMA, 14-1-1 UFC) on short notice due to a “viral illness,” a matchup between former flyweight title challengers Henry Cejudo (10-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Wilson Reis (22-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) has been elevated to the pay-per-view main card.
UFC officials announced the change in a statement late Thursday.
UFC 215 takes place Saturday at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Cejudo vs. Borg was originally tapped to air on the televised FS1 prelims. Instead, a lightweight fight between Mitch Clarke (11-4 MMA, 2-4 UFC) and Alex White (11-3 MMA, 2-3 UFC) has been bumped up from the UFC Fight Pass-streamed portion of the event.
With all the changes, the UFC 215 lineup is set as follows:
Main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko – for women’s bantamweight title
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Neil Magny
- Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis
- Ilir Latifi vs. Tyson Pedro
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens
Preliminary (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Sarah Moras
- Rick Glenn vs. Gavin Tucker
- Mitch Clarke vs. Alex White
Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Arjan Bhullar vs. Luis Henrique
- Kajan Johnson vs. Adriano Martins
This article first appeared on MMA Junkie.