Dominick Cruz out of UFC 219 fight with Jimmie Rivera
Dominick Cruz’s return to the octagon will have to be pushed back and, as a result, UFC 219 has lost a significant bout.
Cruz (22-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has been ruled out of his fight with Jimmie Rivera after suffering a broken arm, according to a report from MMAFighting.com. Rivera (21-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) confirmed Cruz’s withdrawal from the bout when reached by MMAjunkie via text message.
UFC 219 takes place Dec. 30 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
After losing his second MMA fight in November 2008, No. 5 Rivera has rattled off 20 consecutive wins, including five in the UFC. He’s coming off a unanimous decision over Thomas Almeida at UFC on FOX 25 in July.
It remains unclear if the UFC will attempt to find Rivera a replacement opponent.
The latest UFC 219 card includes:
- Edson Barboza vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Jimmie Rivera vs. opponent TBD
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Louis Smolka
- Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny
- Khalil Rountree vs. Gokhan Saki
- Rick Glenn vs. Myles Jury
- Emil Meek vs. Kamaru Usman
- Marc Diakiese vs. Dan Hooker
This story Dominick Cruz out of UFC 219 fight with Jimmie Rivera first appeared on MMA Junkie.