Holly Holm meets Megan Anderson at UFC 225 in first non-title featherweight bout
The Chicago Tribune announced the matchup between Holm (11-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Anderson (8-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC).
UFC 225 will take place June 9 at United Center in Chicago. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.
At 36, “The Preacher’s Daughter” recently said she has no intent on retiring anytime soon. She wants to make another run at the title, and that begins at UFC 225.
Anderson has posted on social media that she wanted the Cyborg fight whenever she made her return to action. She’ll finally return at UFC 225, but it will be to fight Holm, not Cyborg.
The latest UFC 225 card includes:
- Champ Robert Whittaker vs. Yoel Romero – for middleweight title
- Colby Covington vs. Rafael dos Anjos – for interim welterweight title
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Alistair Overeem
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis
- Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith
- Rashad Coulter vs. Allen Crowder
- Dan Ige vs. Mike Santiago
- CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson
- Megan Anderson vs. Holly Holm
This story Holly Holm meets Megan Anderson at UFC 225 in first non-title featherweight bout first appeared on MMA Junkie.