Conor McGregor UFC Return

Source: Negotiations Going Smooth For McGregor’s UFC Return, Expect Two Fights In 2018

Published On February 21, 2018 | MMA News

 

It appears as if the wheels are in motion for UFC lightweight world champion Conor McGregor to return to the UFC in 2018, for a two fight stint.

Conor McGregor has taken more than a year off from UFC action, being absent the entire year of 2017 to focus on his historic crossover fight against boxing’s king Floyd Mayweather Jr.

With that chapter now passed him, it’s up to the UFC and the Conor McGregor camp to come to terms on the sport’s biggest star in history to return to the promotion that put him on the map.

It looks like they’re getting close, and the UFC is eyeing a unification title fight with the winner of April’s Ferguson vs. Khabib title fight.

World renowned MMA and pro-wrestling inside source, Dave Meltzer has issued an update on the status of Conor McGregor, in his subscription only news letter. And, he reveals that negotiations for McGregor’s return are going smooth and the two parties are close to striking a deal.

Here’s what Meltzer said:

“The word is that negotiations with Conor McGregor are going well.”

“No deal to return has been inked but they are said to be not so far apart and are in talks about him doing two fights in 2018.”

“All the pub right now is Mayweather under MMA rules but I can’t see Mayweather agreeing to that, even though it’s huge money.”

“The UFC fight idea is the winner of Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov”

While not an official announcement, Meltzer has a stellar reputation as an insider, so you can take his word to the bank.

The post Source: Negotiations Going Smooth For McGregor’s UFC Return, Expect Two Fights In 2018 appeared first on MMA Imports.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.